Sunday, May 26, 2013

Campaign

I just back from my hometown in Palembang. Next month there is election for the governor in South Sumatera area.
You can see a lot of banner on the road, and every party try to put their candidate poster in every corner of the city even kampong. They state their promise to the public, they put their picture of them with the needy people. Everything look so nice and sweet.

People talked about it. They talked about the current governor which not doing his duty well and even not visualise their promises.

During my way to the airport back to Batam (I took flight from Palembang to batam then took ferry to SG), my mum gave a comment which make me think of myself.
"All the candidate will put their best pose of helping people during this time to win people heart. but once their elected, they won't care about people anymore. "

I paused for a moment and think about me and Y. Many times, I tried to give a lot of promises to Y when im in need. I promised Him that i will be a good girl. i will behave, i will do my devotion, i will pray, i will never skip my service, and the promises go on and on. But when i get what i want or if im not in desperate mode, i tend to forget all my promises. And even i will compromise with it.
I feel Im no different with all the candidate for the election. I just want the blessing but not the hard work.

The governor want the authority, want the facility, want the money, but some of them forgotten their real duty. their real calling of governor.

We as a christian, want the title of God's children, want the blessing, want everything from God, but we tend to forget our calling as His children.

Yup, i learn to see God not as an object of blessing over my life. but learn to see Him as God and savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment