Monday, May 20, 2013

He is the center

It was just a usual LG that night where we had sharing time, P&W, and also teaching. But during the P&W, there was something changes my perspective about me and Him. The theme during the P&W was God is our protector. He will help us through in all circumstances that we face.

Well, it true. I believe that He can do that. Or I can say it’s very easy for Him to do that. Then suddenly there was a voice in my heart asking myself,

“All this while we focus on how God can help us. How God can please us. And often or not we are trap of coming to church or coming to God because we want Him to please us. Let it through helping us in our situation, refresh us once again, and give us the peace and joy. But is that all what is the Christianity all about? Is that all the relationship between our life and God is all about?”

In the bible, there are many times mentioned that God close to those who pleases Him.

What??? Are not those who call upon His name??

That night I was learn that we need to please him.

The following night during my devotion, I was reminded of a song “Jesus is the center of it all”. Then in my devotion material talking about paradigms where it mention that people thought that all the planet in the universe revolve around earth. But the fact that earth revolves around sun. It was so controversial during that time because what they believe has been turning upside down.

I was imagining how the sun be the center of this Milky Way. Where earth not center of it.

In the lyric of Jesus be the center

Jesus at the center of it all
Jesus at the center of it all
From beginning to the end
It will always be, it's always been You Jesus
Jesus

Jesus at the center of it all
Jesus at the center of it all
From beginning to the end
It will always be, it's always been You Jesus
Jesus

Nothing else matters, nothing in this world will do
Jesus You're the center, everything revolves around You
Jesus You, at the center of it all
The center of it all

Jesus be the center of my life
Jesus be the center of my life
From beginning to the end
It will always be, it's always been You Jesus
Jesus

Nothing else matters, nothing in this world will do
Jesus You're the center, everything revolves around You
Jesus You
Nothing else matters, nothing in this world will do
Jesus You're the center, everything revolves around You
Jesus You

From my heart to the Heavens
Jesus be the center
It's all about You
Yes it's all about You
[x4]

So Jesus be the center of Your church
Jesus be the center of Your church
And every knee will bow
And every tongue shall confess You Jesus, Jesus
Say His name, Jesus, Jesus...

From my heart to the Heavens
Jesus be the center
It's all about You
Yes it's all about You

And when I try to relate the song and what I had read and also what I had learned on the LG night itself, I can see the bigger picture.

So here the conclusion that I can make.

Many times I always tot that God should please me. He should help me in my problem, He should provide me with my need, and He should clear my path so that I will walk with Him.

But it is not. He should be the focus. We should revolve around Him. He is the Sun of our life. We need Sun. Sun does not need earth. But earth does.

Are we going to stay in the stage where we just wait till God disappear from our life than we know that we need Him? And we should please Him. We should please Him like how when a guy tries to please his “aim” GF who he wants to win her heart. We want to please Him as we want to please our boss, our parent, the president who we know they have some power over our life.

Some people might question: “then what is it about the Love of God?”

What life that we have right now is the Love of God. Even though now when we think highly about ourselves, He gives us the chance to know the truth. Though earth think that sun revolves around him, but sun continue to give his light to the earth.

It will start from my heart to revolve around Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment